Free Summer 2020 Course for Incoming First-Year Students
College 194 — The Road from Crisis to Campus: Pioneering through a Pandemic
"Over the past six months we have watched the world grapple with big questions as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has changed how we live on a day-to-day basis. These big questions are the subject of this course. We will explore how a liberal arts education provides multiple perspectives by which to address the big questions of life..."
Free to incoming Pioneers, this set of free webinars will allow you to meet faculty and student leaders ahead of the fall semester, and show why a liberal arts college can help you answer life's big questions.
Summer is an excellent opportunity to fulfill a general education requirement or complete an elective. Taking classes during the summer can lighten your load during the academic year. Summer Sessions are designed to offer you short courses so that you will still have part of your summer study-free!
Did you Know...
- Numerous online course offerings allow you to take courses from home.
- Marietta College faculty provide the same quality instruction in a condensed format.
- Tuition is a discounted per credit hour rate compared to full-time academic year tuition, with an additional credit for your second course.
- Transient students, alumni, and community members can take a course without formal application to the College.
- An online course tutorial is available in case you are new to online learning.
- Textbooks are required for online courses. Students who will be traveling outside of the United States are encouraged to purchase textbooks before leaving the country.
- Most online courses are delivered through Moodle, which may not be fully functional through iPhones or iPads. Please make sure that you have access to a laptop or computer throughout the duration of your online course(s).
- If you decide not to take or complete a course after registration, you MUST contact the Records Office at email@example.com to formally drop the course and avoid a failing grade and/or summer charges. See below for withdrawal and refund policy and deadlines.
Summer Session Course Dates
- Session I: May 18 - June 26 (6 weeks)
- Session II: June 26 - Aug 7 (6 weeks)
- Session III: June 1 - July 24 (8 weeks)
- Session IV: May 18 - Aug 7 (12 weeks)
Course Schedule for Summer 2020
You can find the complete listing of Summer Course Offering here.
Summer Session 2020 Tuition
- $375* per credit hour (Undergraduate)
- Reduced rate due to COVID-19 (normally $475)
- $125 per credit hour (Audit)
The full tuition amount is due by the due date as noted on the summer billing statement. You may use our convenient online bill payment service or mail a check to:
Attn: Student Accounts
215 Fifth Street
Marietta, OH 45750
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Download the full Summer Session Policy, including Withdrawal and Refund deadlines (PDF).
Please review the policy linked above carefully.
For further information, please call 740.376.4740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marietta College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is authorized to operate in Ohio by the Ohio Board of Regents, https://www.ohiohighered.org/
As required by the United States Department of Education, contact information for the Higher Learning Commission is provided:
Marietta College is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.
Registration for Transient and Non-traditional Students
Students enrolled at other institutions of higher education who wish to enroll in summer courses at Marietta College should complete the Transient Student Registration form below. The completed form should be faxed to 740.376.4729 or emailed to email@example.com along with an Enrollment Verification, Transient Student Approval, or unofficial transcript from the home institution.
Enrollment in courses with course prerequisites will require an unofficial transcript to verify eligibility to enroll or approval from the course instructor.
Please contact us at 740.376.4723 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.