You may be able to take the exam from home if you have a web cam and microphone.
Take exams from the comfort of your own home! You must have a web cam and microphone (and your computer must meet certain requirements). Marietta College will PAY your proctoring fees as long as you schedule your exam 72 hours in advance. If you need to schedule last minute a small fee will apply.
After I am sure my computer is ready, what do I do to take an exam online?
Questions? Contact Linda.
What is a proctored exam?
A proctored exam is one that is overseen by an impartial individual (called a proctor) who monitors or supervises a student while they are taking an exam. The proctor ensures the security and integrity of the exam process.
How do I know if I need a proctored exam?
Check your course syllabus as soon as you can access your online course. The need to take proctored exams and your exam dates should be contained there. If you cannot make a determination from the syllabus, contact your professor immediately for an answer.
Proctored Exam Options:
At Marietta College there are three choices for completing proctored exams: 1) Come to campus; 2) Use ProctorU 3) Use Proctorio
Come to campus:
- On-campus proctored exams are handled by the Worthington Center for Teaching Excellence. Exams cannot be proctored last minute.
- The Center will proctor exams M-Th from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. Advance notice must be provided if you intend on using the Center. Please email or call for an appointment.
- Worthington Center
Legacy Library, 2nd Floor
215 Fifth Street Marietta OH 45750
Proctor: Linda Roesch
Phone (740) 376-4815 Fax (888) 316-0963
- ProctorU is an online proctoring service which charges a fee. Marietta College will pay the fee for any student who schedules an exam 72 hours before it is taken. Students will pay a small fee if they prefer to schedule last minute our outside the 72 hour window.
- Exams may be taken anytime - 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week (some holidays are excluded)
- You must have a webcam on your computer and a microphone to use the service.
- Students must sign up with ProctorU in advance and make an appointment to take the exam. There is no cost if a student schedules the exam 72 hours advance. Students may simply log in and request to take a test last minute, but there is a small cost penalty.
- More information on ProctorU
Note: Failure on the part of the student to assume these responsibilities will be a matter to resolve with the instructor and could result in a failing grade on the exam in question.
What is the fee for a proctor's services?
Marietta College pays fees for all ProctorU exams that are scheduled 72 hours in advance. If you cannot do this, you will be charged a small fee ($12 or less). Poctorio proctoring as well as proctoring in the Worthington Center are paid by the College.
How do I find ProctorU?
Click here to learn more. Go to GETTING STARTED.
What happens when I use ProctorU?
- You will log into the ProctorU webpage and sign in (you must sign up in advance).
- You will connect with a live proctor via your web camera. This proctor will help you through the exam process and is available during the exam if technical difficulties arise.
- You will connect your screen to ProctorU. This allows the proctor to see your computer screen and enables the proctor to assist with so you may begin your exam.
- The proctor will need to know that you are in fact the right test taker. The proctor will ask you to show a photo ID. The proctor will then snap a photo of you for your profile. Once that is completed, the proctor will ask you to answer a few questions about yourself. These questions are generated from a public information database.
How do I schedule my exam(s)with ProctorU?
- Check with your instructor for all exam dates and times. (Do this as soon as you can.)
- Contact ProctorU with the entire exam schedule as it appears on your course website and schedule your exams. Note: Be sure that fees (if applicable) are paid in advance. Remember, there are no fees if you schedule to take your exam 72 hours in advance.
- Schedule a day and a time within the testing window to take the exam with the proctor. Note: Failure on the part of the student to assume these responsibilities will be a matter to resolve with the instructor and could result in a failing grade on the exam in question.
- Proctoroi is an online proctoring service that is offered at no cost to the student. Professors are responsible for setting up the exam proctoring particulats in Moodle and the service is used from within the exam.
- Exams must be taken as scheduled by the course Professor
- There is no advance sign up for Proctorio but to use it, students must use the Chrome browser and install the Proctorio plug-in. Click HERE for detailed information on how to do this.
- More information regarding Proctorio