Mid-Ohio Valley community members are invited to Round 1 of the PioBiz Competition from 4:00-6:00 p.m., Thursday, November 30. The competition will be in poster format in The Gathering Place on Marietta College’s campus.
Round 1 involves identifying a problem worth solving and proposing a new product or service that provides a solution. Proposals should demonstrate potential for establishing a for-profit or non-profit organization.
Posters should include:
- A clear description of the problem.
- Defining target customers experiencing this problem.
- Explain why the problem is worth solving.
- Outlining existing alternative solutions.
- Detailing the proposed product/service and how it solves the problem.
- Highlighting the unique value proposition over other options.
Fifteen business ideas are expected to be presented at this competition.
Winners will be determined by scores from four judges (0-100 points) and “PioBiz dollars” invested by community members in their favorite projects. The top-scoring projects overall will win.