The Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides broad campus leadership that supports the Marietta College Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Marietta College embraces a shared commitment to diversity and inclusion, which supports our mission of providing a foundation for critical thinking, problem solving, and leadership.
As a campus community, we promote practices, behaviors, and attitudes that are just and inclusive. Creating and sustaining a respectful and inclusive environment prepares our students to become citizens, leaders, and professionals in the 21st century’s global society. Our engagement with diversity fosters mutual understanding and reaches beyond tolerance to produce a transformative view of diversity as a positive value.
Vision:For Marietta College to increase the numbers of underrepresented students attending, matriculating and graduating. The Office of Diversity & Inclusion envisions a college that is supportive of all perspectives, cultures, and differences.
Mission Statement:The mission of Diversity & Inclusion is to support Marietta College’s mission and core values, through services, programs, and initiatives that ensure the creation and maintenance of a diverse and inclusive community that affirms diverse perspectives, attitudes, beliefs, and experiences, while providing specific support for US students from traditionally underrepresented populations, especially first-generation, low-income, and/or racial/ethnic minority students.
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion:
- Advocates for students from underrepresented populations,
- Promote an inclusive environment where students, faculty, and staff feel safe and supported,
- Provides trainings for students faculty and staff,
- Creates and implements programs that bring diverse perspectives to campus
- Collaborates with campus and community partners to recruit and retain a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty, and
- Coordinates retention and transition programs for students from underrepresented populations
The activities sponsored by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion foster excellence through inclusion. We lead a variety of initiatives that serve American students from traditionally underrepresented groups, as well as others that provide focused support for international students.