- Mini Grants are cash awards given to faculty who have plans for projects that will improve their scholarship and/or enable them to gain knowledge or skills beyond the normal growth expected of faculty in order to improve teaching and support the college's core values.
- The Mini Grant should be used to support those projects that are beyond the scope of a department's budget and are too small for external funding.
- Funding: $1,000—$1,250 per academic year
- Eligibility: All voting faculty
- Faculty who are not giving presentations, chairing sessions, serving on panels, and serving as discussants at conferences are limited to a maximum of $1,000 Mini Grant funding academic year.
- Faculty who are giving presentations, chairing sessions, serving on panels, and serving as discussants at conferences are limited to a maximum of $1,250 Mini Grant funding academic year.
- Funding limits are subject to available funding. In the event that faculty requests for mini grant funding exceed our overall budget, faculty who are presenting will be funded at a higher rate than those who are not. In addition, should this occur, requests for less assistance will be funded at a higher rate than will requests for larger amounts.
Funding possibilities for Mini Grants include:
- Travel expenses to present a paper (or the equivalent) at a recognized professional meeting.
- Purchase of research materials or equipment that are not typically purchased by the college or department and that are essential for the individual's scholarly project.
- Travel expenses to a conference, workshop, or training program
- Costs incurred by a faculty member whose manuscript has already been accepted for publication.
- Once a faculty member is awarded a Mini Grant by the FDC Committee, they will receive a letter outlining the total grant amount.
- The Mini Grant Recipient needs to follow these steps to receive reimbursement:
- Print a copy of FDC Mini Grant Award Letter
- Fill out and Print a MC Expense Form (on Document Depot)
- Provide these two (2) documents and all appropriate receipts to the Provost Office Administrative Assistant for reimbursement.