Faculty Development programs are designed to help strengthen faculty members' disciplinary ties by supporting projects in the "scholarship of discovery" (research) and the "scholarship of teaching" (ways to transmit knowledge and excite future scholars). The projects should benefit the faculty member and support the college's core values.
2021–2022 Committee Members
Deadlines are at Midnight on the dates indicated:
- October 15, 2021: Mini-Grants/Mentor Grants, Round 1
- October 15, 2021: Sabbaticals
- November 26, 2021: Research Award and Innovative Teaching Award
- January 28, 2022: Mini-Grants/Mentor Grants, Round 2
- January 28, 2022: PIO Grants (Professional Improvement Opportunity)
- April 8, 2022: Mini-Grants/Mentor Grants, Round 3
Faculty Forum is a celebration of the scholarship completed by our colleagues—it is a chance for them to share their excitement about their discipline and for the audience to learn more about other disciplines in a fun and approachable way.
Light food and drinks will be served from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. and presentations will start at 6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 29, 2021
- Friday, Feb. 25, 2022
- Friday, March 25, 2022
Please refer to the Marietta College Travel Policy for guidelines.
Marietta College has negotiated competitive rates for renting cars through these companies, please use these Car Rental companies to ensure that you get the best rate and service.