Studying a language opens up a world of possibilities.
Studying a second language at Marietta College means more than just learning how to speak in the proper tense — it also means learning about the culture and history of that language. Studying a language opens up a world of possibilities for students who want to study abroad, work abroad, or provide educational support to those who speak English as a second language.
Areas to support you while you learn a second language are embedded within multiple support centers and additional valuable support is available. This page compiles a list of resources available to support you as you learn or grow in a new language at Marietta College.
Peer Tutoring and English Conversation
Communicating in any language is an interactive pursuit! Work with our peer tutors and consultants, who are Marietta College students recommended by faculty members and who have completed training to provide effective assistance!
Peer tutors/consultants are available for the following:
- One-to-one tutoring at the Tutoring & Learning Center, Bartlett 370
- Writing consultation at the Writing Center, Thomas 222
- Presentation/Speech consultation at the Communication Center, Mills 205
- English Conversation Partners sessions at the Communication Center, Mills 205
How to schedule an appointment:
- Go to mariettacollege.mywconline.com
- Register for an account using your MC email (first visit only)
- Log in and select the Center indicated above for the service you want to schedule
- If you are scheduling one-to-one tutoring, use the “Limit to:” dropdown list to see only schedules of peer consultants tutoring your subject
- Scroll down and review available times for tutoring (white slots are available, blue slots are taken, and dark blue slots are not available)
- Click on a white time slot and complete the appointment form
- Meet with your tutor in person at the center