The Physical Plant provides maintenance, repair, and construction services for the operation of facilities, grounds, utility services, and other related functions that support the academic, administrative, residential, and recreational areas of Marietta College. Its staff maintains and repairs campus facilities and grounds in an efficient and economical manner, promoting a safe, clean, aesthetically pleasing campus environment in continuous support of Marietta College's students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Department Areas within the Physical Plant include:
- Building Services
- Fleet Transportation
- Grounds & Athletic Grounds Services
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
Physical Plant Ticketing System
The Physical Plant is using a new ticketing platform hosted by teamwork.com.
You may also email routine, non-emergency, service, and maintenance requests by sending an email to the Physical Plant using the following format:
Subject Line: Building Room Type of Request
Body of Email: Provide your name, contact number, description of the problem or request, and preferred complete-by date.
Emergency After-Hours Procedures
After normal business hours, contact Marietta College Police Department at 740.376.3333.
In the event of an after-hours emergency requiring the response of the Physical Plant, the following procedures are in effect:
- Definition of an EMERGENCY requiring an after-hours response: hazard with potential for injury; corrective action required to minimize damage to facilities, equipment, or property; loss of critical electrical, water, or sanitary service; a hazard to the health of personnel. Loss of a single shower, toilet, or sink where alternative facilities are available, or heat loss when temperatures exceed 60F is not normally an emergency.
- Only recall personnel for true emergencies that can not wait until the next working day. For the safety of our personnel, it is preferable that emergency work is performed during daylight hours if at all practical.
- Only Marietta College Police Department (MCPD) shall initiate after-hours recalls. Recalled personnel shall check in and check out with MCPD.
- Only MCPD, Faculty, Staff, and Assistant Directors may initiate after-hours recalls via MCPD.
- MCPD may directly call the trade or staff best able to address the emergency. Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) duty personnel are on call by pager primary) and cell phone (secondary) if the required trade cannot be contacted. If unable to contact the tradesman or HVAC, contact the Associate Director, Director, or Assistant Director in that order.
- Physical Plant personnel responding to the emergency shall check in with MCPD, address the emergency and restore service if possible, ask MCPD to call the Office of Community Living staff member on duty so that the Physical Plant personnel can report repair status directly to the Office of Community Living. If service can not be restored, the Physical Plant personnel shall call the Physical Plant Associate Director, Director, or Assistant Director.
- If snow or ice accumulates to the point that conditions are unsafe, MCPD shall call the Supervisor of Grounds, who shall recall appropriate personnel. If the Supervisor of Grounds is unavailable, then either the Director or Associate Director. Generally speaking, if the actual or forecasted accumulation is two inches by early morning, then snow removal will start at 4:00 am. For more significant accumulation after normal working hours, snow removal will start when approximately two inches have accumulated.
Physical Plant Event Setup
Complete the request form and mail or fax it to 740.376.4409, Physical Plant, with attention to Cindy Nutter, at least five business days before the event.
- We recommend you follow up with a confirming phone call.
- Events are supported on a first-come-first-serve basis. The requesting department must make the facility reservations.
- The college has a limited supply of tables and folding chairs. If the tables and chairs are in use by others, then the requesting department will have to arrange for and pay for rentals. The Physical Plant will assist with determining the rental quantities, drop-off, and pick-up locations.
- Any help that groups can provide with set-up and tear-down will be appreciated.
Department chairs and directors can authorize most key requests. For more information, contact the Physical Plant Office at 740.376.4790. Key Control Policies and Forms are available below:
Contact the Physical Plant Office at 740.376.4790 to reserve a vehicle or for more information. Vehicle Policy and other Forms are available below: