The Physical Plant provides maintenance, repair, and construction services for the operation of facilities, grounds, utility services, and other related functions that support the academic, administrative, residential, and recreational areas of Marietta College. Its staff maintains and repairs campus facilities and grounds in an efficient and economical manner, promoting a safe, clean, aesthetically pleasing campus environment, in continuous support of Marietta College's students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Department Areas within the Physical Plant include:
- Building Services
- Fleet Transportation
- Grounds & Athletic Grounds Services
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
Building Coordinators have been assigned to each Academic, Administrative, and Residence Hall building to act as a primary point of contact. Building Coordinators also serve as a liaison to the Physical Plant for routine, emergency, construction, and Maintenance (Ticket) Requests.
ACADEMIC & ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDINGS:
To REPORT a routine, non-emergency, Academic and Administrative Maintenance Request, you may either contact your Building Coordinator, submit a request via website, email, or contact the Physical Plant office.
To REPORT an Emergency Maintenance Request i.e. loss of electricity, no heat, water leaks, or situations that impact the safety and security of the occupants and the building, please call the Physical Plant at 740.376.4790 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After hours, contact Marietta College Police Department at 740.376.3333.
Academic & Administrative Building Coordinators:
|Admission House||Loren Henthorne||740.376.4607|
|Andrews Hall||Amanda Haney-Cech||740.376.4837|
|Bartlett Hall||Andrea Richardson||740.376.4750|
|Boat House||Dash McNeal||740.376.3243|
|Brown Petroleum||Sue Hiser||740.376.4775|
|Burton House||Laurie McKain||740.376.4380|
|Career Center||Julie Dye||740.376.4924|
|College Police||Kim Settle||740.376.4611|
|Don Drumm Stadium||Dash McNeal||740.376.3243|
|Dyson-Baudo Recreation Center||Dash McNeal||740.376.3243|
|Erwin Hall||Jane Eakle||740.376.4794|
|Gathering Place||Elliot Dodd||740.376.4527|
|Gilman Dining Services||Michelle Schilling||740.376.4786|
|Gilman Mail Room||Linda Adelson||740.376.4617|
|Hermann Fine Arts Center||Myra Reich||740.376.4696|
|Irvine Administration||Nancy Schwendeman||740.376.4718|
|Legacy Library||Doug Anderson||740.376.4536|
|McCoy Athletic||Dash McNeal||740.376.3243|
|McDonough Center||Tracey Wynn||740.376.4624|
|McKinney Media||Myra Reich||740.376.4802|
|Mills Hall (Psychology)||Amber Smrek||740.376.4974|
|Mills Hall (Communication)||Joyce Pennington||740.376.4802|
|Physician Assistant Bldg||Donna Venham||740.376.4458|
|Planetarium, Anderson Hancock||Andrea Richardson||740.376.4750|
|Rickey Science||Andrea Richardson||740.376.4750|
|Selby Hall||Andrea Richardson||740.376.4750|
|Sports Medicine (DBRC)||Jena Blair||740.376.4770|
|Thomas Hall (English)||Amy Williams||740.376.4647|
|Thomas Hall (B&E)||Amy Williams||740.376.4633|
Student Residence Halls
To REPORT a Residence Hall Maintenance (Ticket) Request within your room or apartment, please contact your Resident Assistant (RA) or Assistant Director.
To Report an Emergency Maintenance (Ticket) Request (i.e. loss of electricity, no heat, water leaks, or situations that impact the safety and security of the occupants and the building) contact the Physical Plant at 740.376.4790 Monday-Friday from 7:00AM to 5PM. After hours, contact Marietta College Police Department at 740.376.3333.
Office of Community Living: Assistant Directors
|Residence Hall||Assistant Director||Phone|
|A&H House||Jeff Fabus||740.376.3484|
|Dorothy Webster||Jessi Lauer-Crosby||740.376.4784|
|DTD House||Jeff Fabus||740.376.3484|
|Elsie Newton||Jessi Lauer-Crosby||740.376.4784|
|Fayerweather Hall||Jeff Fabus||740.376.3484|
|Harmar House||Jeff Fabus||740.376.3484|
|Harrison Hall||Katherine Glassman||740.376.4532|
|Hopewell House||Jeff Fabus||740.376.3484|
|Marietta Hall||Jessi Lauer-Crosby||740.376.4784|
|Mary Beach||Jessi Lauer-Crosby||740.376.4784|
|McCoy Hall||Katherine Glassman||740.376.4532|
|Pioneer House||Jeff Fabus||740.376.3484|
|Russell Hall||Jessi Lauer-Crosby||740.376.4784|
Physical Plant Ticketing System
The Physical Plant is using a new ticketing platform hosted by teamwork.com.
Submit a ticket
You may also email routine, non-emergency, service and maintenance requests by sending an email to the Physical Plant using the following format:
Subject Line: Building Room Type of Request
Body of Email: Provide your name, contact number, description of problem or request, and preferred complete by date.
Emergency After-Hours Procedures
After normal business hours emergencies contact Marietta College Police Department at 740.376.3333.
In the event of an after-hours emergency requiring the response of the Physical Plant, the following procedures are in effect:
- Definition of an EMERGENCY requiring an after-hours response: hazard with potential for injury; corrective action required to minimize damage to facilities, equipment, or property; loss of critical electrical, water or sanitary service; a hazard to the health of personnel. Loss of a single shower, toilet, or sink where alternative facilities are available or loss of heat when temperatures are above 60F is not normally an emergency.
- Only recall personnel for true emergencies that can not wait until the next working day. For the safety of our personnel, it is preferable that emergency work is performed during daylight hours if at all practical.
- Only Marietta College Police Department (MCPD) shall initiate after hours recalls. Recalled personnel shall check in and check out with MCPD.
- Only MCPD, Faculty, Staff, and Assistant Directors may initiate after hours recalls via MCPD.
- MCPD may directly call the trade or staff best able to address the emergency. Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) duty personnel are on call by pager primary) and cell phone (secondary) if the required trade cannot be contacted. If unable to contact the tradesman or HVAC, contact the Associate Director, Director, or Assistant Director in that order.
- Physical Plant personnel responding to the emergency shall check in with MCPD, address the emergency and restore service if possible, ask MCPD to call the Office of Community Living staff member on duty so that the Physical Plant personnel can report repair status directly to the Office of Community Living. If service can not be restored, the Physical Plant personnel shall call the Physical Plant Associate Director, Director or Assistant Director.
- If snow or ice accumulate to the point that conditions are unsafe, MCPD shall call Supervisor of Grounds who shall recall appropriate personnel. If Supervisor of Grounds is unavailable, then either the Director or Associate Director. Generally speaking, if the actual or forecasted accumulation is two inches by early morning then snow removal will start at 4:00 am. For more significant accumulation after normal working hours, snow removal will start when approximately two inches have accumulated.
Physical Plant Event Setup
Complete the request form and mail or fax to 740.376.4409, Physical Plant, attention Cindy Nutter at least five business days prior to the event.
- We recommend you follow-up with a confirming phone call.
- Events are supported on a first-come-first-serve basis. The requesting department must make the facility reservations.
- At this time the college has a limited supply of tables and folding chairs. If the tables and chairs are in use by others, then the requesting department will have to arrange for and pay for rentals; Physical Plant will assist with determining the rental quantities, drop-off, and pick-up locations.
- Any help that groups can provide with set-up and tear down will be appreciated.
Department chairs and directors can authorize most key requests. For more information contact the Physical Plant Office at 740.376.4790. Key Control Policies and Forms are available below:
To reserve a vehicle or for more information, contact the Physical Plant Office at 740.376.4790. Vehicle Policy and other Forms are available below: