The mission of the Investigative Studies Program is to:
- provide students with an opportunity to pursue their research and creative interests in a manner not found in a typical class setting,
- promote intellectual curiosity and stimulate creativity in students in an academic discipline or between disciplines, and
- foster a sense of learning, sharing, and commitment with a community of scholars.
Investigative Studies Announcements
Key Dates for SPRING 2020
TRAVEL AND SUPPLY GRANTS -
- Round 3 Travel and Supply Grants deadline: Thursday, February 6 by 5:00 p.m.
- Round 4 Travel and Supply Grants deadline: Thursday, March 5 by 5:00 p.m.
2020 Fall Research Fellowship: Applications and reference forms are due Thursday, March 26 by 5:00 p.m.
2020 Summer Fellowship: Applications and reference forms due Thursday, February 27 by 5:00 p.m.
- 2020 All Scholars Day: Thursday, April 16, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Abstract Deadline: Thursday, February 27 by 5:00 p.m. Submit online. Scroll down on this page for more information.
All Scholars Day
All Scholars Day is a campus-wide celebration of scholarship at Marietta College. All students, faculty, and staff are expected to participate in ASD — it is such an important day that no class meetings are held on ASD! ASD provides students an opportunity to share their research, creative projects, and senior capstone projects with the Marietta College Community. Students give talks, poster presentations, demonstrations, and performances for audiences that span across disciplines, demonstrating the importance of the liberal arts at Marietta College.
Investigative Studies Summer Fellowships
The goal of the Student Summer Fellowship Program is to encourage undergraduate student-faculty collaboration in investigative studies. Summer Fellowships are designed to support students for a six-week period so that students may work with a faculty member on a project of mutual interest.
Investigative Studies Travel and Supply Grants
Travel and Supply grants are available to help students both with the cost of travel and of consumable goods for their research projects.
Investigative Studies Research Fellowship
NEW in 2020!
The goal of the Student Research Fellowship Program is to encourage undergraduate student-faculty collaboration in investigative studies. Research Fellowships are designed to support students during the academic year so that they may work with a faculty member on a project of mutual interest.