The mission of the Investigative Studies Program is to:
- provide students with an opportunity to pursue their research and creative interests in a manner not found in a typical class setting,
- promote intellectual curiosity and stimulate creativity in students in an academic discipline or between disciplines, and
- foster a sense of learning, sharing, and commitment with a community of scholars.
Investigative Studies Announcements
Key Dates for Spring 2023
Honors and Investigative Studies Information Meeting
- Thursday, February 2, from 12:15–1:00 p.m. in Thomas 327
Travel and Supply Grants
- Round 3: due Friday, February 24 by midnight
- Round 4: due Friday, March 31 by midnight
ALL SCHOLARS DAY 2023
- Thursday, April 20 (Classes canceled except for labs)
- Abstracts: due Wednesday, March 1
Paid Research Fellowships for Fall 2023
- due Friday, March 17 by midnight
Summer Research Fellowships for Summer 2023
- due Friday, March 24 by midnight
Submit all grants and fellowship applications via email to Dr. Parsons: email@example.com.
All Scholars Day
All Scholars Day is a campus-wide celebration of scholarship at Marietta College. All students, faculty, and staff are expected to participate in ASD — it is such an important day that no class meetings are held on ASD! ASD allows students to share their research, creative projects, and senior capstone projects with the Marietta College Community. Students give talks, poster presentations, demonstrations, and performances for audiences across disciplines, demonstrating the importance of the liberal arts at Marietta College.
Investigative Studies Summer Fellowships
The goal of the Student Summer Fellowship Program is to encourage undergraduate student-faculty collaboration in investigative studies. Summer Fellowships are designed to support students for a six-week period so that students may work with a faculty member on a project of mutual interest.
Investigative Studies Travel and Supply Grants
Travel and Supply grants are available to help students both with the cost of traveling to present their work or learn at academic conferences and virtual events and of consumable goods for their research projects.
Investigative Studies Research Fellowships
The goal of the Student Research Fellowship Program is to encourage undergraduate student-faculty collaboration in investigative studies. Research Fellowships are designed to support students during the academic year so that they may work with a faculty member on a project of mutual interest.