The McDonough Center offers the McDonough Leadership Program as a powerful leadership development experience for undergraduate students at Marietta College. The program has been designed to allow the study of leadership within a liberal-arts context.
The leadership program is based on three components: (1) Knowledge (leadership education through seminar-style classes); (2) Action (leadership skill-building through practice); and (3) Growth (leadership development through guided reflection, coaching, and self-assessment). We help you expand your knowledge of leadership, practice your leadership skills, grow as an engaged leader on campus, in the community, and beyond.
Students in the program are designated McDonough Scholars, and they can pursue one of five tracks:
- International Leadership Studies (ILS) Major (for McDonough Scholars interested in a global career -- international business; international law; teaching English abroad; global nonprofits)
- Minor in Leadership Studies (for McDonough Scholars pursing any major)
- Certificate in Leadership Studies (for McDonough Scholars pursing any major)
- Teacher Leadership Certificate - TLC (for McDonough Scholars majoring in Education)
- Engineering Leadership Certificate - ELC (for McDonough Scholars majoring in either Petroleum Engineering or Environmental Engineering)
To apply to the McDonough Leadership Program, click HERE.