The curriculum committee should facilitate the development of the curriculum by interacting as much as possible with faculty members during the development of curriculum proposals. In its review of proposals, the CC should seek to carefully evaluate the rationale and impact of proposals from an institutional perspective. The Curriculum Committee's principal objective is to review and evaluate the general education curriculum and the curricula of majors, minors and other academic programs to ensure that they carry out the stated mission of the college.
Curriculum Committee Submission Deadlines
Please submit 2 double-sided copies and an electronic copy of each proposal to the Records Office. Complex proposals or proposals that may require revision should be submitted as early as possible.
September 30, 2019
- Courses seeking general education designation under the old general education curriculum for Spring 2020 or 2020-2021
- Courses seeking exemption from or addition to a new general education designation for Spring 2020 or 2020-2021
November 18, 2019
- New major, minor, or certificate programs
- Significant changes to existing major, minor, or certificate programs
- New courses for 2020-2021
February 24, 2019
- PIO 201 courses
- Junior Core courses
Curriculum Committee Forms
Information about graduate program proposals can be found at the Graduate Council web page.
- Course Proposal Form
To propose new courses or changes to existing courses.
- Capstone Guidelines and Proposal Form
- Institutional Student Learning Outcomes document
- ISLO Assignment Map Designations
- Experimental Course Proposal Form
Please submit to the Provost. Requests for general education designation(s) for experimental courses must be submitted to the Curriculum Committee after the Provost has approved the course.
- Domestic Off-Campus Programs Proposal Form
Please review the Guidelines for Proposing a Domestic Off-Campus Program prior to submission and include any appropriate supporting documents.
Curriculum Committee Members
Ali Doerflinger (chair)
Taiylor Williamson (SGA representative)
Joseph Straw (ex-officio)
Suzanne Walker (ex-officio)
Tina Hickman (ex-officio)
Andrew Flinn (recorder)
The Curriculum Committee meets weekly throughout the fall and spring semesters. Fall 2018 meetings will be held on Thursdays at 2:00 p.m. in the Emeritus Room in Andrews Hall.