The curriculum committee should facilitate the development of the curriculum by interacting as much as possible with faculty members during the development of curriculum proposals. In its review of proposals, the CC should seek to carefully evaluate the rationale and impact of proposals from an institutional perspective. The Curriculum Committee's principal objective is to review and evaluate the general education curriculum and the curricula of majors, minors and other academic programs to ensure that they carry out the stated mission of the college.
Curriculum Committee Submission Deadlines
Proposals should be submitted through the college’s course management software. Links may be found under Curriculum Committee Forms.
Complex proposals or proposals that may require revision should be submitted as early as possible.
In order to accommodate the timely production of course schedules and the next catalog, the following are deadlines for submissions to the Curriculum Committee for this academic year:
October 3, 2022
- Courses seeking exemption from/addition to a general education designation for Spring 2023
October 28, 2022
- New major, minor, or certificate programs
- Significant changes to existing major, minor, or certificate programs
- Courses and experiences seeking Experiential Education designation
- New courses for Spring 2023
February 10, 2023
- New courses for Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Summer 2023 courses seeking approval for online delivery
Forms for proposals can be found on the Curriculum Committee Forms page
Curriculum Committee Forms
Curriculum Committee forms can be found on the forms page.
Curriculum Committee Members
Debbie Egolf (chair)
Joseph Straw (ex-officio)
Suzanne Walker (ex-officio)
Tina Hickman (ex-officio
Lauren Ash (recorder)
The Curriculum Committee meets weekly throughout the fall and spring semesters. Fall 2022 meetings will be held on Mondays at 2:00 p.m. in Brown 210.