Faculty are encouraged to submit most curricular proposals online via the Smart Catalog Curriculum Management System found at: https://iq3.smartcatalogiq.com/Catalogs/Marietta-College/Home
Faculty will log in using their Marietta College network credentials.
The following proposals are not available through the online process and should be submitted using the forms below and emailed to email@example.com.
- Capstone Guidelines and Proposal Form (Word Document)
- Junior Core Guidelines and Proposal Form (Word Document)
- PIO 201 Guidelines and Proposal Form (Word Document)
- Experiential Education Proposal Form (Word Document)
- Proposal for Alternate Delivery of Existing Course (Word Document)
When developing new courses or revising existing course, faculty are encouraged to refer to the MC ISLO definitions available on the CC SharePoint site at https://mymarietta.marietta.edu/collaboration/committee/curriculum/MC%20ISLO%20Documents%202022/MC.ISLO.Definitions.August2022.pdf
Proposals for New or Substantially Revised Majors, Minors, & Other Academic Programs
Faculty members should consider the following questions when proposing new programs or substantial changes to existing programs, as these important issues will be considered by the CC when reviewing the proposal.
- Rationale for the new program
- Expected enrollments
- Anticipated impacts on other programs at the college
- Impact of staffing of courses (including general education requirements)
- Adequacy of library holdings and other campus resources (e.g. labs, information technology)
- How the new program fits with the mission of the department and with the mission of the College
- The order in which a student would take courses and progress toward completing the program
Proposals for Eliminating Majors, Minors, and Other Academic Programs
Proposers should consider the following questions when proposing the elimination of an academic program, as these important issues will be considered by the CC when reviewing the proposal.
- Rationale for elimination of the program
- The number of students currently enrolled in the program
- Anticipated impact on other programs, general education curriculum and the mission of the College
- Anticipated impact on current staff of the program
- A teach-out plan for students currently enrolled in the program